[Development] RFF: nullptr rules

Bubke Marco Marco.Bubke at theqtcompany.com
Thu Dec 10 15:25:06 CET 2015

I think it less a technical issue. To me it looked very perlish
to use zero to mark a defined invalid pointer but C++ is full of this expert
language hacks. I think it is more a social issue because Qt can look to old fashion.
New people who discover Qt maybe get the same feeling as I got in
nineties as I looked at Motif.

So I think the question should be how much harm is produced
by this policy? I don't see any except people have to change their
habits.