[Development] QML Memory leak.

Polepalli, Ravikiran Ravikiran_Polepalli at mentor.com
Mon Dec 14 17:11:18 CET 2015

Hi All,

I'm working on a project and I'm affected by Memory leak in QML.
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42055
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-28712

I tried to run the test application(qml available in ticket) on a target board.
In the application QML Object is created and destroyed for every 100ms. Application ran for 2 days.

Here are observations:

-        Overall memory increased 1MB for every ~90mins.

-        Captured memory usage for every 10 mins(through pmap -x $pid).

-        Memory map is not changing except number of "[anon]" allocated memory blocks was growing constantly for every ~90mins.

-        At end of test run approximately 82 blocks were seen.

-
Could anyone help me understand where memory leak could possibly be?
I would like to know if the memory leak is fixed. Any patch/solution available to fix this issue?
Any help would be great.

Thanks and regards,
Ravikiran.