[Development] [OS X] window frame autosave/restore and [NSWindow representedFileName]

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:59:20 CET 2015

Hi,

I was looking into the mechanism OS X uses to save and restore window geometry automatically, notably using [window setFrameAutosaveName:[window representedFilename]] .
The representedFileName property is controlled through [QWindow::setFilePath], but I cannot find any trace suggesting that the FrameAutosave functionality is available through Qt. If I haven't missed anything, is there a reason not to provide it e.g. through QtMacExtras - the only constraint it imposes is that the shouldCascadeWindows property must be turned off.
Of course you'd need a way to remove stale/obsolete AutosaveNames from the defaults system, but that'd be a responsibility for the client code.

--
René