[Development] V4 porting

Hausmann Simon Simon.Hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Thu Dec 24 15:01:14 CET 2015

Hi,

The method parse implies a transformation from source code to a form that we can interpret, so technically the name of the method isn't quite accurate. Nevertheless it does what you can see in the implementation, which includes parsing into a syntax tree structure, transformation into an intermediate representation (codegen), optimizations in that IR and finally register allocation and native code generation or byte code generation.

I'm afraid that I don't have a road map for your porting efforts.

Simon