[Development] High-DPI on Win

Mark De Wit mark.dewit at iesve.com
Tue Dec 29 15:18:20 CET 2015

Good point - not my app, but I checked the Qt version number of the one that annoys me most, and it's using 5.4.1.

Most of the stuff we write here we test at high-dpi, and it's generally working ok (tested only at 5.4, not tested 5.6 because we have a dependency on webkit).  Some things don't scale properly in Qt (UI elements such as splitter bar gripper + corresponding splitter cursor comes to mind).

We've also been hit by SVG images not upscaling beyond their "native" size (from memory, they're not rendered larger than their viewport?), had to wrap the images in a transform to make them scale to 250%.

Mark