[Development] Reproducible Qt ; the purpose of QLibraryInfo::buildDate

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 3 18:17:58 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 February 2015 07:40:12 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> So, can someone enlighten me on the purpose of this function?

This function was added when we opened the repository back for 4.5.1 because
we couldn't keep the configure.exe linked against the license key decoder,
which contained the expiration dates for evaluation licences. It was used by
the nag screen in those builds.

That was then. I have no clue now if the function is still used.