[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Wed Feb 4 10:20:43 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 February 2015 07:33:46 Knoll Lars wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to mark a few modules as deprecated with 5.5, and most likely
> remove them from the binary packages with 5.6. These modules are:
>
> * Qt WebKit
> * Qt Declarative (Qt Quick 1)
> * Qt Script
>
> All of these modules are by now a couple of years old, don’t receive
> updates above the bare minimum and have a replacement that is actively
> being developed in Qt 5.

Also, is it not time to decide which platform are we going to stop supporting
in Qt 5.6?

For example, if we were to decide to start using some of the C++11, we should
drop MSVC 2008 which would allow us to already use things like auto and
decltype.
We could also drop gcc 4.4 which would let us lambda function.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org