[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Feb 9 15:07:48 CET 2015

On Monday 09 February 2015, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Am 09.02.2015 um 00:07 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> > I am not a big fan of nullptr,
>
> Out of curiosity: What's wrong with nullptr in your opinion?

Nothing, except it is just usually not needed, so coding styles that enforce
it are more harm than good, since using it is often just breaking C++98 compat
for no good reason. The same as with using template<T<>> over template<T<> >.
It is neat syntax, but also mostly pointless, and pisses me off when people
autoreplace it an entire project, with the only consequence of breaking older
compilers and tools and not improving anything except satisfying their OCD.

`Allan