[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Mon Feb 9 15:40:22 CET 2015

On Monday 09 February 2015 09:54:12 Smith Martin wrote:
> This is the kind of thing we should add to the documentation, but can you
> elaborate? I mean, illustrate the meaning of "locality of reference,"
> "wildly mixing insertions, lookups, and removals," and "batch updates and
> separate them from lookups, time-wise."

There is a book, Effective STL, and an online paper, "What every programmer
needs to know about memory". I don't think that it's the job of the Qt docs to
explain "what every programmer needs to know about memory", because it is not
specific to Qt.

The Qt documentation also doesn't give many details on Unicode. It's assumed
that people using it know the basics.

You will also not find in the Qt docs that signed integer overflow is undefined
behaviour.

The Qt docs are not a CS text book :)