[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Mon Feb 9 21:11:54 CET 2015

On Monday 09 February 2015 19:49:19 André Pönitz wrote:
> I am fairly sure that we won't reach consensus on what the set of such
> selected places exactly look like, that's why the plan to reach some
> conclusion was to restrict a part of the discussion to one case where I
> think there's a chance to get consensus that the use of the Q_NULLPTR
> macro is "obvious" nonsense.

I find it confusing that in one mail you argue that introducing Q_NULLPTR in
passing (= the way we do formatting changes) introduces inconsistency, and in
another mail you're looking for "selected places" where "Q_NULLPTR makes
sense".

Which one should it be?

If there's one universal rule, it's that less rules are easier to follow. So:

"Q_NULLPTR everywhere" instead of "in headers or [list of selected places]".

KIS, dude :)