[Development] JSON 64 bit int

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Wed Feb 11 11:40:21 CET 2015

Hi guys,

ATM QJsonValue doesn't have a way to read a 64 bit integer or unsigned
integers. The standards doesn't seem to limit the contents of an int.
And I know of several projects that use this.

{"i":1e33} gives a 0 if I convert the number to int (which is fair
enough). If I convert to variant, it gives me a double.

I would like to have some more conversion available. uint, qint64 and
quint64 would be great. It sucks that I have to find the place in the
original string and parse it myself.

Would patches for this be accepted or is there a reason those aren't
added yet?

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--