[Development] Item creation time in QML

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 18:03:54 CET 2015

Hi,
after downloading it to my cell phone and picking it with usb connection, i was finally able to read pdf document.
I am curious what the unit of the x-axis is in your diagrams, i fugure higher is better, but what is measured there?

IMO QuickItemText is too complicated for the simple case, which is "displaying a single line of plain text of about 15 characters", as this is the most common case in a UI. So having a QuickSimpleText item, which can only do the simple case should be much faster to create. Not having a QTextDocument and all that many members for all this many features. Of course even with most of this feratures it was faster in 5.1, but still could be a lot more , i think for the simple case.

I am very interested in solving issue as in our environment we are hit by the degration and our product has to stay at 5.1 for now.
So keep on the good work!

Best regards,
Gunnar Roth