[Development] qt-4.8.x gcc5 version/detection issues

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Feb 16 21:20:44 CET 2015

On 2015-02-16, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>>From my reading of
> http://developerblog.redhat.com/2015/02/10/gcc-5-in-fedora/
>
> It may depend on the value of _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI macro, but I admittedly
> don't yet fully grasp the implications of it being set either way.

Yes. it does depend on lots of things, but in general[tm], a qt plugin
should be usable in a combination.
And from my knowledge of RPM and dependency calculations, you already
have sufficient data there to deal with whatever happening, and doesn't
need the extra bits from BUILD_KEY. they are just going to get in your
way.
(if you change the build key, you need to have your qt4 core library
package conflict with all the existing plugins ...)

/Sune