[Development] Failed assertion in QSGBatchRenderer::ShaderManager::prepareMaterial()

Bojan Petrović bojan85 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 07:22:56 CET 2015

Hi,

I am using Qt 5.4 on Windows. I have encountered a failed assertion
in QSGBatchRenderer::ShaderManager::prepareMaterial(QSGMaterial *
material), line 158 C++. It happens when I start my application, but not
every time. This is the message I got in the console:

uniform highp float _qt_zRange;
> void main()
> {
>     gl_Position = matrix * vertexCoord;
>     color = vertexColor * opacity;
>     gl_Position.z = (gl_Position.z * _qt_zRange + _qt_order) *
> gl_Position.w;
> }
> ***
> QOpenGLShader::compile(Fragment): Fragment shader failed to compile with
> the fol
> lowing errors:
> *** Problematic Fragment shader source code ***
> #define lowp
> #define mediump
> #define highp
> varying lowp vec4 color;
> void main()
> {
>     gl_FragColor = color;
> }
> ***
> ASSERT: "shader->id_zRange >= 0" in file
> scenegraph\coreapi\qsgbatchrenderer.cpp
> , line 158

Am I failing to respect some restriction or could this be a Qt bug?

I created a debugger dump and I;m downloading Qt source now so I can see it
in debugger, but I am not familiar with that code so I doubt that I will
help me too much.

Bojan