[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at kdab.com
Thu Feb 19 14:59:30 CET 2015

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 14:27, Tomasz Siekierda <sierdzio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 19 February 2015 at 14:17, Rafael Roquetto <rafael.roquetto at kdab.com> wrote:
>> One of the many reasons for that is that many of those systems running QNX are homologated and
>> changing/upgrading involves lots of different process apart from the technical
>> stuff.
>
> So those companies/ users of QNX are not willing to upgrade their OS,
> compiler, but they are willing to upgrade Qt?
>
> In my experience, people who stick to old versions of operating
> systems are also not very keen on upgrading other software as well...
> so for them, it should not matter, whether the newest Qt version will
> drop old compiler support or not.

Often those customers aren’t new to QNX, but new to Qt. And often they need the latest and greatest Qt for some feature or bugfixes.
Other third-party dependencies they can’t get migrated (or even recompiled) often make them stick to old QNX versions. Things tend to be somewhat more complicated than one might be used to, in the embedded world.

--
Frank Osterfeld | frank.osterfeld at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ)  +46-563-540090