[Development] Code Coverage Statistics for QtBase

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 19 17:39:52 CET 2015

On Thursday 19 February 2015 17:08:42 Sébastien Fricker wrote:
> Is it possible that the default build parameter get changed between
> Qt5.4 and dev?
> For example XCB support get detected automatically and the code get enabled?

Yes for the EGL parts: it's possible the files are now built when they
previously weren't. I think it's the work that made EGL be supported with non-
ES configurations. The same goes for the qevdev* and qfb* files.

The OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5 files might be because your testing environment does not
support those profiles. Or they simply aren't tested, I don't know.

The qdbusmenu* and qdbustray* things are also probably environmental issues:
if your DE does not have a host for those specs, they wouldn't get activated.

I can't explain why the qxcb* and font files.

As forkfd.c reaching only 28% usage:
 - part of the file is spawnfd, which wouldn't get used on Linux. I'll see
about dropping it from the build.
 - a great deal of the code depends on timing of the OS scheduler, so it's
very hard to increase coverage. One way to do that is to launch a separate
process that keeps sending SIGCHLD periodically to the test process.

I think we already have a stress test that launches more than 16 concurrent
tests and would exercise the "big array", but I will check.

PS: I'm working on clonefd with a colleague.