[Development] Code Coverage Statistics for QtBase

Sébastien Fricker fricker at froglogic.com
Fri Feb 20 09:36:26 CET 2015

I saw something interesting:
If you have a look at the code coverage of gui/text, gui/kernel and
gui/opengl you can see that the code coverage in Qt5.4 is about 50% and
in Qt5/dev 0%!
This is really strange: the tests executed are mostly the same and some
of them are GUI tests.
Why this big difference?

I'm guessing if Qt5 is now not skipping some GUI driver if they are not
used.
For example, OpenGL is not used, then no code from gui/opengl is executed.
If this is the case, it would be interesting to know if we can, for
example, force Qt to use OpenGL (It makes sense for a test to execute it
in OpenGL and non OpenGL mode).

To view the code coverage:
Qt5.4:
http://download.froglogic.com/public/qt5-squishcoco-report/ref_QtBase_html/directories.html