[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:10:37 CET 2015

Sorry for interupting the discussion, but i saw mentioning of a
range-based-for, so i have a question. std::map/unordered_map uses
std::pair as a value type, and map::iterator::operator* returns reference
to a pair, while Qt doesn't have an underlying struct and operator* returns
ref to T (without a Key). So, using range-based-for (and foreach) with Qt
containers doesn't allow to have an access to a key.
Should this behavior be changed in the future (yes, this breaks source
compatibility)?