[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Rafael Roquetto rafael.roquetto at kdab.com
Fri Feb 20 14:17:51 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:32:45PM +0100, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2015 11:15:32 BogDan wrote:
> > I fully agree with you, but, sadly, I think it will not be possible in 5.x.
>
> We started supporting C++98 during the course of Qt 4.x.
> We dropped MSVC 6, in Qt 4.5 (despite there was still people using it) and
> were able to finally use member template functions for example and deprecate
> qObjectFind and such.

This works when there are alternatives. In the case of QNX, *if* this has the
side effect of Qt not being able to be built against 6.6.0 (perhaps they will
have a newer compiler until then, but I can't assume that), then you need to
deprecate the entire platform.

--
Rafael Roquetto | rafael.roquetto at kdab.com | Software Engineer