[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Fri Feb 20 14:25:42 CET 2015

El Friday 20 February 2015, Tomasz Siekierda escribió:
> On 20 February 2015 at 12:52, Alejandro Exojo <suy at badopi.org> wrote:
> > El Thursday 19 February 2015, Tomasz Siekierda escribió:
> >> So those companies/ users of QNX are not willing to upgrade their OS,
> >> compiler, but they are willing to upgrade Qt?
> >
> > I think the main problem with requiring a very up to date Qt is that
> > sometimes only newer versions of Qt have bugfixes.
>
> Same is true for the OSes and compilers...

Only in some platforms, because the release pace of an OS tends to be much
slower. The example of QNX is 6.5 version published on 2010, with 6.6 released
on 2014. Qt releases are a lot faster.

Now Microsoft and Apple are releasing faster as well, but remember how long XP
was supported and it had a non negligible market share that app developers had
to target.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2