[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 23 16:14:35 CET 2015

I think Kai's approach is probably what would work best for now. As much
as I'd like to, we can't yet use C++11 features unconditionally inside the
core of Qt itself as we'd loose a few platforms that we still need to
support.

But we can (and should) certainly use C++11 in our examples and
documentation. In addition, I think we should enable C++11 support by
default on all compilers that support it well enough.

Cheers,
Lars