[Development] Questions about code reviews and static analysis tools for TU Delft research

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:21:40 CET 2015

On 24 February 2015 at 11:53, Radjino Bholanath
<R.M.R.Bholanath at student.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> 1. Do all developers (contributors and core developers) have to submit a code review for every change? I’m asking because many projects only review changes made by contributors.

The procedure is the same for everyone: all commits go through code
review. There might be cases of self-approved commits but they're the
very exception, not the norm. See also
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Contribution-Guidelines and
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Commit_Policy §12

Gerrit: https://codereview.qt-project.org/

> 3. Are static analyzers used? If they are used:

Yes,

>   a. Is passing the checks of the static analyzers necessary for a change to be accepted?

No. Only passing through CI is required, and CI isn't featuring such
analyzers -- it simply builds the code and runs the autotests.

>   b. Which static analyzers are used?

Coverity Scan checks the build once a week; various people play with
the clang plugins over the codebase.

Hope this helps,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo