[Development] QtCore missing check for memory allocation

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:17:39 CET 2015

Maybe a bit off-topic: can we introduce our own (probably customizable)
 memory allocation API, something like Apple's CFAllocator [1], and move Qt
internals to use it instead of malloc/realloc/free (and maybe instead of
some new/delete-s, based on some policies)?
Then we could let the user to decide if he needs a OOM safety, i.e. with
QAllocator::setDefaultAllocator(..)
Such a "centralized" memory allocation routines also could be very useful
in debugging or memory consumption monitoring.

Regards,
Konstantin

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/CoreFoundation/Reference/CFAllocatorRef/