[Development] About the Guidance

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:48:40 CET 2015

Hi Berkay,

On Jan 4, 2015 8:52 PM, "Berkay Elbir" <berkayelbir at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently attended to developers for QT. I want to contribute it.
Also, I have downloaded qt 5 and builded it for OSX. But how can I find
issues to solve where should I begin? Of course, I know Jıra addresses,
read the Contributing guidance, I mean that  which one should I start from?
In addition, how can I open whole project if it is possible? Should I use
Qt creator or Xcode?

How to get started? Hard to say, it depends a lot on your background and
interests. Maybe start by fixing something that annoys you. Check the
bugtracker for low priority items, find one you care about and contact the
bug owner about it. Usually they are happy to provide hints on how to
attack the issue. IRC is great for that, so is private mail.

I personally use QtC and open the library I care about in that, but then I
an biased towards QtC, considering that I hack on that:-) Qt is cross
platform, so eventually you will need to test in other platforms and QtC
will be there, too.

Xcode should work, too, I'd you prefer that.

> Could you guide me to contribute you?

Not easy, as there is no one way to contribute.

Best Regards,
Tobias