[Development] Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 14 18:24:43 CET 2015

On Wednesday 14 January 2015 11:38:55 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> The same can be said about C/C++ 3rdparty libraries. So no, bundling is not
> good for distros. Imagine a security bug appears: we need to start hunting
> down each embedded version and fix it, checking that we don't break
> anything specially in forked cases. A nightmare.

Actually, the problem here is not that of shipping a bundled version. It's
embedding the binary inside one of Qt binaries.

Let's solve this problem first: how to find the JS file (minified or not)
somewhere on disk, without Qt resources. Once that is solved, distros can opt
to build three.js from the official sources and apply the necessary Qt patches
in the manner that is most helpful to them.