[Development] Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 16 02:48:16 CET 2015

On Friday 16 January 2015 01:38:50 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> What we do not have guidelines for so far is reuse of systemwide JavaScript
> libraries in non-web applications. So Qt will probably get away with
> bundling three.js for now. But shipping it only in minified form is also
> banned by global Fedora policies and thus clearly unacceptable.

To clarify: minified-only is obviously bad.

But what if we ship source and the generated minified files?

We do that for other sources that seldomly change, like the outputs from
qlalr. We also ship generated docs and the generated include/ headers. That's
for ease of building, not for hiding anything. Remember we have trouble even
asking for Perl to be present during build.

If that's ok, does it matter that a non-free tool was used? I'm guessing it
does matter, even if there's a free one can also produce a valid output.