[Development] Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jan 16 11:29:02 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 05:48:16PM -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But what if we ship source and the generated minified files?

as you are bringing up the example of includes below ...
"shipping" as in "in the tar balls" is fine by me. but don't commit the
minified (== generated) file to the repository.

> We do that for other sources that seldomly change, like the outputs from
> qlalr.

bad example ... the only reason why we still do that is because qmake is
too daft to be able to properly integrate qlalr into the build process
(dependency tracking ...).

this cannot be said for a lot of other generated files, for which their
presence in the repository is pretty much historical only. don't add to
that history.