[Development] qtchooser (was: Re: Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:01:57 CET 2015

On Monday 19 January 2015 18:46:18 Thiago Macieira wrote:
[snip]
> As for Designer, the discussion in 2012 was that its output is compatible
> with Qt 4 and will remain so, but distributions need to upgrade the plugins
> to use Qt 5 instead and we can't be blamed if the plugins break their
> behaviour.

Well, this is new to me :) Maybe we should put all this things somewhere?

So if a distro ships both Qt4 and Qt5 in the special case of designer we can
call Qt5's version in all cases? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something wrt
plugins here (ie, I'm not correctly getting the right thing to do, sorry).

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/