[Development] qtchooser (was: Re: Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 20 05:20:23 CET 2015

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 05:04:05 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Remember: you (implicitly) agreed with the solution in 2012.
>
> I did not agree with anything at all.
>
> You brought up a discussion on a Qt Project mailing list, to which most
> distribution packagers are not even subscribed. You got only very limited
> feedback from distributors. You never bothered to approach distributors
> through places they follow, such as the kde-packager (at the time) mailing
> list (or even OUR mailing lists, or aliases such as
> qt-owner at distro.example.com), at least not before the decision was made. It
> is only coincidence that I learned of the discussion at all, when it was
> already at a late stage. Assuming that all the people you did not ask agree
> with you just does not make any sense whatsoever.

I specifically went out and asked packagers to join the discussion. I did post
to kde-packager, so don't claim I didn't. So packagers knew about it. You
can't claim ignorance of the discussion.

What's more, you're saying that you knew about the discussion and intended on
sending feedback, but didn't. If you choose not to voice your feedback, you're
implicitly agreeing with the solution of those who did participate.

Abstention does not give you the right to whatever you choose.