[Development] Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?

Keränen Pasi pasi.keranen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 20 11:35:54 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

So far it seems there has been some positive answers from the community,
but the distribution packaging side seems to have most comments against
inclusion of the three.js library or at least have comments on HOW it
should be included. Sorry, I¹m dropping out of the ³qtchooser² thread,
it¹s going way over my understanding of packaging related issues, I¹m a
graphics guy and will let the more capable people from our releasing side
comment on that.

But out of curiosity, can I ask for a show of hands on which distributions
currently include the 100% JavaScript three.js based 3D scene graph
library in them OR are expecting to do so in the future?

Just to see how much impact are we talking about if we decide to include
the library to cater for those users that do seem to want a ready ported
and verified to work solution within their Qt SDK for their Canvas3D
related scene graph needs (perhaps by taking the approach Louai suggested
earlier to allow for the eventuality that some distribution wants to
include their chosen version of three.js in it).

Regards,
Pasi