[Development] optimizing QComposeInputContext / TableGenerator?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jan 20 13:13:08 CET 2015

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 04:32:21 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Milian Wolff wrote:
> > It can, indeed. But funnily enough it's not going to be much faster, at
> > least in the tests I did. Still, one should probably be doing this
> > anyways. I'll try to dig up my patch for that and sent it to Gerrit. It's
> > a pity that one cannot just convert a const char* to a QChar directly,
> > i.e. without any allocations. One cannot even reuse the same QString
> > buffer to my knowledge...
>
> Why not something like this?
>
> QChar getQChar(const char *p)

<snip>

Did you just create that? If so, then it would need to get published by you as
a patch as you are the author. It would be a very cool thing to have in QChar
directly, i.e. QChar::fromUtf8 or similar. And we'll need proper unit tests.
Also, best would be if we could share the code with the existing UTF8
decoders.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff