[Development] Running Qt 5.4.0 Applicationat Mac 10.6

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 26 09:53:54 CET 2015

> On 26 Jan 2015, at 09:09, Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It seems that QStyle returns 0.
>
> Should I create some style in advance and pass it to application?
> Which style could be appropriate for 10.6?
>
> Yes, I know that 10.6 is not a supported target for 5.4.0,
> but any advise or direction would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.

The code paths that provide 10.6 support have been removed from Qt 5.4. The commits I am aware of are:

a198ce8d (QMacStyle)
fc11798e8 (QMacStyle)
9c92a18b (QCoreWLanEngine)

You could use the fusion style to avoid QMacStyle, but there would still be no guarantee that the application runs. Your other option then is to revert the changes that removes 10.6 support on your local copy of the Qt source code.

Morten