[Development] Requesting a break in behavior in QML Text element

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Jan 29 23:46:33 CET 2015

On Thursday 29 January 2015 23:24:51 Robin Burchell wrote:
> tl;dr: I'd like to request a behavior break in QML's Text element. I
> would like to change the default value of Text::textFormat from
> Text.AutoText to Text.PlainText.

Personally, that's what I am doing in the QML project I am working on
(We had to develop our own set of component (it was started before QtQuick
controls), and the text component default to Test.PlainText)

Given the security implication, I do believe PlainText should be the default.

However, I think it's too much of a breaking change for anyone who has used
html tags on purpose and did not explicitly set the format.

Is it possible to do the change if we do
import QtQuick 2.5
That is, the default of textFormat changes depending on the number in the
import statement.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org