[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Jul 3 08:10:16 CEST 2015

On Thursday 02 July 2015 23:00:43 Bernhard wrote:
> Unfortunately adding signals of the template’s type is exactly what I would
> have needed several times.

Then you should have used Boost.Signals.

Qt is not the only C++ library out there, and asking it to be everything for
everyone is unreasonable.

That said, in my experience, if you want signals on templates, you're usually
going it wrong. You probably intend to use it far away from the GUI layout,
maybe even in your cenral data model (!= QAbstractItemModel here). Overuse of
signal-slots can make a program very hard to understand, and possibly also
slow. If you don't believe, I invite you to study pre-Akonadi KMail code.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts