[Development] MSVC2015 and Qt5.5 -- dot release plans?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jul 4 18:42:56 CEST 2015

On Friday 03 July 2015 16:23:07 charleyb123 . wrote:
> Microsoft announced MSVS2015 will be released on July 20:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-sets-release-date-for-visual-studio-2
> 015/
>
> Those of us that have been following the MS compiler know that the MSVC2015
> is a particularly strong compiler, making up for lots of "lost-ground" in
> supporting C++11/14 features.
>
> There was discussion on this list about a Qt5.5 "dot-release" for MSVC2015
> ... do we have a feel for timing on this?
>
> (I know we can individually compile Qt for this compiler now, I was just
> curious about a community Qt5.5 release.)

Hi Charley

I added support for MSVC 2015 back when it was still known as "14.0 November
CTP". We've been testing it for over half a year now, so it should work just
fine with Qt 5.5.

I don't know whether we'll be able to produce binaries for it for 5.5.1. That
depends on how soon we can bring it up in the old CI.