[Development] InputMethondHints for Enter key types

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Mon Jul 6 13:54:57 CEST 2015

On Monday 6. July 2015 18:15:41 Byunggul Koh wrote:
> Hello QT developers,
>
> Enter-key has various semantics on Input-method depending on the situation,
> e.g. “Enter for Search, Go, Next and so on. So I need a way to inform VKB
> of a type of enter to display a string instead of “Enter”.
>
> For this purpose I’m considering to add more enums on InputMethodHint as
> followings.

See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-39074
There are already new enums in Qt 5.6: Qt::EnterKeyType
http://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-dev/qt.html#EnterKeyType-enum
There is also ImEnterKeyType in Qt::InputMethodQuery

This is currently only implemented for iOS and I am not sure how this is
supposed to work.
The documentation does not say yet how to use it from QML

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org