[Development] Please don't use "Private" in namespaces used in inline code

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 9 20:03:50 CEST 2015

I'd like to suggest a rule for new code, to be enforced in all code in Qt 6:

namespaces for implementation that isn't meant to be called directly should
use a different keyword than "Private" in the name. Please use "Internal",
"Impl", "Implementation", "Detail", etc.

Please leave "Private" *only* for private API, not meant to be ever accessed
by the user, unless the user includes a _p.h header.

I was trying to tag everything with "Private" in the name as Qt_5_PRIVATE_API
but it kept tagging everything, until I noticed:

	QtPrivate::QStringList_join
	QtPrivate::QContainerImplHelper::mid
	QtMetaTypePrivate::QSequentialIterableImpl
	QtPrivate::AbstractConverterFunction
	QQmlPrivate::qmlregister

Those make it impossible to simply put "*Private*" in the ELF version list and
there's no way to add exceptions to the list.