[Development] HEADS UP: Don't use QList, use Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Jul 10 14:17:18 CEST 2015

And I said in the initial mail:

On Friday 10 July 2015 11:03:49 Marc Mutz wrote:
>  I won't give you the whole story (google "QList harmful" for that)

Which you clearly haven't done. Otherwise you'd have found the first hit
https://marcmutz.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/sneak-preview-qlist-considered-
harmful/ whose second sentence reads:

  The problem boils down to the fact that for a lot of types T, QList<T> is
  needlessly inefficient by allocating elements on the heap and storing
  pointers to them instead of storing the elements in-place, like e.g. QVector
  does.

But yes, Peppe already provided the TL;DR: *grmbl*

He's the nicer of the two of us :)

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts