[Development] HEADS UP: Don't use QList, use Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO

Smith Martin Martin.Smith at theqtcompany.com
Sat Jul 11 21:50:05 CEST 2015

Suppose (as in the use case that started this thread) that your QList/QVector/QLinkedList will only have a small number of elements in it. Almost always less than 5. Never more than about 8. Does this change the analysis at all? In particular, does it minimize the performance differences?

And suppose the use case also assumes that you add all the elements to the container immediately and then you process the container sequentially immediately after that. So there is no inserting, no searching, and no other mallocs.

martin