[Development] Container benchmark was HEADS UP: Don't use QList, use Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Mon Jul 13 07:25:19 CEST 2015

Sune Vuorela schreef op 12-7-2015 om 20:37:
> On 2015-07-12, Andre Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:
>> become easier to make the transition in user code? Then, if Qt itself
>> changes its API in Qt 6 to use QVector instead of QList, the users' code
>> will just work :-)
> In Qt6, QList can be fixed. The issue is what to do until then.
Fixed how? To become QVector? In that case, just use QVector instead. I
could imagine a QVector like container that can reserve some space at
both ends in order to allow for fast prepending (or use the end of the
reserved range for that, perhaps). But other than that, what quality
from QList would you like to keep over QVector?

André