[Development] Request to delete libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so from qtbase

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Jul 16 15:44:54 CEST 2015

On 07/16/2015 03:02 PM, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Hello Takao
>
> You're talking over Qt 4 only or Qt 5 is affected as well ?
> This is a full replacement of the plugin ?

The Qt 4 plugin was never in the Qt source tree (afaik).

The Qt 5 plugin is, and this is upstream asking for it to
be factored out and handed over to ibus.

As a contributor to the plugin (and ibus itself with a
minor patch at some point) I'd be fine with either. I'm
guessing it needs to sync to ibus changes more often than
to Qt changes, so ibus hosting might make sense.

> Regards, Helio

Cheers,
Eike