[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Ansel Sermersheim ansel at copperspice.com
Tue Jul 21 19:06:52 CEST 2015

We would like to announce our release of CopperSpice 1.1.0.  We have
added and changed several things including a modification to to QMap to
user defined comparisons. We have a timeline others may be interested in
viewing in our overview documentation.  We will have API documentation
uploaded by Aug 15.

http://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_overview/timeline.html

Barbara spent a good deal of time reviewing the CLA for Qt. We
appreciate the work Thiago and Lars have done on the CLA and
contribution guidelines. On every thread she read and with people she
spoke with, there was always several who expressed concerns. We even had
a nice chat with Tobias Hunger about this issue.

Our view as well as the view from many other developers, is that the CLA
gives the Qt Project the freedom to take any and all submissions and
incorporate them into the closed source version. We feel this goes
against the share and share alike principle of community based open
source software.

 From the countless local developers in the Silicon Valley area we have
communicated with, Qt is not typically viewed as a community project.
There is nothing inherently wrong with this approach, it just did not
fit our paradigm.

We are speaking at CPPCon in September and our intent is simply to
explain the CLA did not work for us. The main purpose of our
presentation is to present CopperSpice and offer C++ developers an
alternative GUI library.

Ansel