[Development] HEADS UP: Don't use QList, use Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO

Bubke Marco Marco.Bubke at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jul 21 19:11:42 CEST 2015

Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> On Tuesday 21 July 2015 16:14:18 Bubke Marco wrote:
> > Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>

> > > Yes, in large mode. In small string/array mode, they wouldn't share, of
> > > course.
> >
> > What about the conversion of std::vector to QVector and back. Do we get zero
> > copy conversion?
>
> Can't be done.

What about wrapping QVector around std::vector. In that case std::vector could be
used in the internal implementation and application code. Interface would be still
using QVector. Many developers I met who rejected Qt cited the argument what Qt is a
closed island and not very operable with code which is using the standard library.
What have made Qt productive 20 years ago is maybe not a good advice for the
future.