[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 22 01:03:56 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 21 July 2015 20:52:05 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Il 21/07/2015 20:37, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
> > As opposed to qMapLessThanKey? Do you mean two QMap with the same key
> > could
> > have different comparators?
>
> Why not?

Not passing judgement. I was only asking for clarification, since that was the
only feature that Ansel mentioned and, depending on the actual change, is not
a feature at all since QMap alreaydy supported it.

> Too bad that adding a template parameter to QMap is a huge SiC, as
> people forward declare it with two template arguments, and we never
> provided headers for forward declarations... :(

We can fix that with C++11 template aliases.

template <typename Key, typename T>
using QMap<Key, T> = QMapComparator<Key, T, qMapLessThanKey<Key>>;

Note however that a function taking QMap<Foo, Bar> is *not* the same as a
function taking QMapComparator<Foo, Bar, qMapLessThanKey<Foo>>. The two types
are not the same, even though they are.