[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Ansel Sermersheim ansel at copperspice.com
Wed Jul 22 03:10:27 CEST 2015

On 7/21/15 11:37 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 July 2015 10:06:52 Ansel Sermersheim wrote:
>> We would like to announce our release of CopperSpice 1.1.0.  We have
>> added and changed several things including a modification to to QMap to
>> user defined comparisons.
> As opposed to qMapLessThanKey? Do you mean two QMap with the same key could
> have different comparators?

The qMapLessThanKey solution does not help at all if you want to create
a user defined sort order for a class that already has a defined ordering.

The most common use case of this is creating a QMap<QString, X> that is
sorted case insensitively. The STL allows this for std::map, and coming
to Qt from a background of standard C++ I was amazed that this very
common use case was not supported.

Ansel Sermersheim