[Development] Qt 4.8.7 built with linux-clang-64

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:23:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've spent some time the other day configuring an Ubuntu PPA I've been using to build my "system" Qt 4.8.7 to use clang 3.5.1 instead of gcc-4.9. It was rather straightforward to get things to build (I had to modify 1 Kubuntu patch).
The experiment wasn't very conclusive though: my KDE environment no longer worked correctly as if Qt no longer recognised all KDE plugins it ought to.
FWIW, I've been keeping my base KDE packages up to date (following git/master) via PPAs of my own, and those are built with clang 3.5 too.

Does this ring any bells? It's going to be more than a bit cumbersome to try to figure out what's going on with the resources I have (just preparing the stuff to upload to the PPA takes a good 40 minutes), but what would I be looking for?

Thanks,
René