[Development] Continuous integration for dev (5.6)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jul 22 12:45:29 CEST 2015

Hi all,

due to some changes in qtbase and us not quite knowing how/wanting to fix our
jenkins setup with some people being on vacation, we changed all module's dev
branches over to the new continuous integration system we have been working on
lately. Whenever you stage a build for any dev branch it goes through the new
system now, when it gets stuck there for > 4 hours let us know. Be nice and
help us get everything running smoothly. Welcome "Coin" (thanks Harri for the
name).

I assume this will bring some initial challenges and will not be as smooth as
we'd have liked everything to be, but it'll bring us a faster and more
reliable system soon.

I'll be busy at Akademy the next few days, but Simon and Jędrzej will take
good care of letting your patches have a smooth ride through the system.
All brokenness is my fault, all successful integrations are their doing and
your great patches.
We are about to make the state of the system publicly visible by providing a
web interface, test runs of the same look promising, hopefully it'll be live
in a week or two.

Cheers,
Frederik

PS: are you interested in joining us in Oslo or Berlin to work on Qt?
http://www.qt.io/careers/