[Development] Qt Quick Controls 2 get a dev branch

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jul 22 14:41:24 CEST 2015

After consulting http://wiki.qt.io/Qt-5.6-release I realised it's also time to
propose making Qt Quick Controls 2 a part of Qt 5.6.

I would suggest having it in Qt 5.6 as tech preview so that we can get
feedback and polish it one more round. If this is accepted by the community,
we'll add it to qt5.git and make it part of the packages.
It has been CI tested for two months now, so at least from that side there
should be no big challenge, dependency wise it's also easier.

Some options that we'd love to explore is how to leverage the scene graph
better and there are still open points when it comes to theming and styling,
which all speak for tech preview.

Cheers,
Frederik