[Development] FileRe: Move ctors for q_declare_shared types

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Wed Jul 22 16:45:10 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 22 July 2015 12:07:06 Daniel Teske wrote:
> > Are we going to announce every API change on the ML now?
>
> No, that is obviously stupid. But, could you please stop trying to divert a
> discussion by raising unrelated questions?
>
> If a change is related to a discussion on the mailing list, I expect that
> the change is posted to the discussion.

I already quoted you the mail where I ...

> Because not doing that, circumvents the discussion on the mailing list and
> goes against the spirit of The Qt Governance Model.
>
> You circumvented the discussion and did not inform the mailing list on the
> changes, which clearly were related:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/115376

... shared this ^ change on the ML. Now you _again_ claim I didn't.

> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/120771
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/120804/

These just implement what was discussed on the ML. Again: no-one spoke out
against the solution Thiago and I came up with (publicly on the ML). I posted
one change, I didn't post them all, no. They contain no new information. I
have a few dozen of changes (re)adding move semantics to Qt types. Do you want
to see them all? I can CC you from now on on Gerrit. I doubt everyone else
will want to be spammed on the ML.

> In my opinion this is unprofessional.

Then I guess I'm unprofessional.

You got what you lobbied for. What, exactly, are you complaining about?

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts