[Development] Request to delete libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so from qtbase

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 22 17:00:05 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 22 July 2015 19:17:12 Takao Fujiwara wrote:
> OK, thanks for the discussion and explanation.
> My main concern is the delay of committing the patches from IBus
> contributors. If you would help to speed up the patch integration, it would
> be great. I can contribute Qt IBus plugin at the moment and hope patch
> #115603 will be integrated in 5.6. If not, let me bring back this topic.

Here's a suggestion: how about the IBus community assign someone to take
ownership of the plugin inside the Qt tree? If the problem is review times,
it's often caused by not having people who understand the code that well. This
would allow you to get your own patches in.

We don't like self-approved patches, so whenever that maintainer is
contributing, it's a good idea to find someone else to review.